We currently have the following vacancies:
- JAVA developers
Majestic-12 is the Birmingham-based developer of Majestic SEO, an Alexa Top 1000-ranked website. Our platform maps internet links, and sells web and API access to this information on a subscription basis.
We operate internationally, have a multi-lingual website, and our marketing team travels the globe promoting our product. Our office is within walking distance of Birmingham City Centre.
We are looking for enthusiastic, competent Java developers to strengthen our development team of around ten professionals.
In production we use a distributed environment, with separate async and sync java processes participating in a larger processing stack. We are in the process of separating read and write queries – hence using both JPA and SQL in our solution. We are technology agnostic, using kit such as Rabbit MQ and MemcacheD where it brings benefit. We attempt to use Agile Methodologies – currently leaning towards a lean/scrum hybrid, and try to promote a creative working environment. On top of version control, we use hudson and nexus to provide CI, but are still some way off of being able to consider continuous deployment as an option.
The successful candidate(s) will be expected to work on end-to-end back-end development for stories and tasks – generating database schema, and potentially complex SQL queries, working with front end developers to define RPC service APIs, producing relevant automated tests and delivering a finished product ready for deployment, whilst helping us move towards a rich, low coupled, high cohesive system to power our client facing services and future development and maintenance.
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Commercial experience of OO Java (Certification a plus, but not essential)
- SQL ( We use postgres, but appreciate SQL knowledge is portable )
- Good communication skills
- Version Control / Continuous Integration / Maven
- Competency in Linux
- Experience in calling JSON/XML based web APIs using code
- Ability to separate concerns within an application.
Our current front end technology is the catalyst MVC framework – whilst there will be opportunities for the successful candidate(s) to code in it should they desire, this is not a pre-requisite for the role.
We welcome informal contact, and are willing to arrange pre-application introductions prior to formal application.
Agencies need not apply, any CV’s sent by agents will be treated as generous gifts. Any position offered will be subject to the applicant demonstrating proof of right to work in the UK.
To Apply: Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Sunday 7th September 2014.
- Business Curator
Location: Faraday Wharf, Birmingham,
Salary: Reporting to the Marketing Director, this is a full time role, 5 days a week for 37.5 hours. The salary will be commensurate with experience
Education: Mostly likely educated to degree level, but at least Qualified to A-Level with at least a B grade at GCSE in Maths and English
Purpose of Job/Key objectives: MajesticSEO.com is a specialist Search Engine, with the largest Link Intelligence database in the world, mapping how websites link to each other. You will curate relationships with our largest prospective clients, forming legal agreements and forging new business opportunities through the syndication of our API.
* To liaise with about 20 existing high value clients to Majestic to foster the relationship and help them get the most out of Majestic by providing timely information about developments and co-sponsorship opportunities.
* Develop new key account partners, by identifying high potential customers with high end web technologies and showing them the value that our data can add to their own web based technologies.
* To nurture these leads from discussion through to legally binding contracts.
In this role you will be the anchor for future Business Curators as our technology develops into wider markets.
- Highly organised with good administrative and IT skills, ideally including Salesforce experience;
- Ability to understand and adapt legal contracts;
- Able to work as part of a team or individually to meet deadlines;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint and Adobe Photoshop;
- Good research and internet skills.
- Previous sales experience in a digital economy business;
- An understanding of what an API is;
- A passion for technology would also be desirable, but isn’t essential to the role.
Main functions of the role:
- To curate leads using Salesforce to develop a good understanding of companies interested in using Majestic’s data.
- To negotiate by phone, by email and often in person, to build strong relationships with developers and business influencers within these organisations.
- To handle legal aspects of the contract between Majestic and the clients.
- To engage with new prospects at Conferences – particularly Expos and to manage the stands.
- To uphold data protection regulations and the confidentiality agreements of Majestic 12 Ltd
- To be willing to contribute to other team activities in line with the role
To Apply: In the first instance, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com. In this initial contact, please tell us where you first heard of the vacancy.
Closing Date: 18th August 2014
Please note interviews will take place w/c 25th August 2014.